The Butler Family

The Butler Family
WE ARE FAMILY!!!

Monday, November 5, 2012

One Month Later . . . November 4, 2012

It's hard to believe it's been a month already!  Here are some things we've learned . . .

*It is an amazing feeling knowing you are really family!

*We are so glad God's given her to us!

*You should definitely celebrate Adoption Day (PARTY!) with all of those people that have walked through the journey with you!  And put up a ton of pictures that you haven't been able to share all year! Aleeya loved seeing them all and was able to reminisce . . and we did too (great memories and reminders of our time together)!  Plus, she didn't have a ton of picture of her life so far, so this was our start to her many photo albums we will be putting together!

*We are passionate about adoption, and are thrilled to be seeing others pray about it and start the process.  As Christians, we have homes filled with God's love that can point these kids to Jesus, and we can do this!  These children aren't someone else's problem, they are ours to care for and we all can play a role in this - prayer, financial support, prayer, encouragement, prayer, love, prayer, understanding, prayer :)!  The church is rising up and it is an awesome thing to see!

*So thankful for my adoption into God's family.  He's blessed me with an amazing inheritance!

*Aleeya's sister and brothers are very happy she's a Butler, and I love how they have accepted her into our family from day one!  Now, it's even better!

*Ashley and Aleeya have gotten even closer over these last few months, and Ashley is just who God had in mind for Aleeya and vice versa :).  Aleeya needs Ashley's bubbly enjoyment of life, and Ashley loves having a big sister and someone to share life with!

*The finalization did not make everything perfect and peaceful.

*Aleeya may always miss her birth family and long for them, and that's ok.

*This does not mean she doesn't love us.

*My job is to listen, love, remind her of truth, remind her of God's love and plan for her life!

*I need to learn more about grieving and how to help.  Her faith in God will be our cornerstone for getting her through the difficult times.

*I need to understand that children grieve differently and it usually continues through each milestone in their life.

*It's hard to teach my child how to pray with faith and hope for God to do great things in her birth family's life, and yet know that they may not choose to change.

*I will keep praying for her birth family to accept Jesus as their Savior and live for Him!  I believe that God can do this, but also know that they have a free will and He will not make them.  It would be incredible if someday we could see this come true and see God's redemption in all of this!

*I so desire to see Aleeya live in the joy of today and where God has her, and not in her past.

*We will still experience lots of ups and downs - did this month for sure!

*Really enjoy the days that she is doing well, and enjoy each smile!

*Hug her more!

*She is a very kind girl that wants to please us on the outside, but struggles on the inside sometimes.

*We will need to talk about God's values and how they affect our life, and then talk some more, and then probably some more!

*She did not grow up with the values we have trained our other children with since birth, so she may not take these values as her own as easily, and that makes sense!

*I need to pray and fast for my girl and keep pointing her to God!

*She has a profound faith in God, and lots of questions about Him (about things we take for granted and about things that are really deep - i.e. the Trinity, if God knows what is going to happen why does He allow it, when bad things happen is God punishing us, etc.)

*I struggle to see her when she's down, but it's getting easier to accept (instead of letting it rule my thoughts and emotions).

*As a mom of a 12 year old girl (which is new to me), I need to remind her of what real beauty is - it is so hard to see and find in our world.

     “Don’t be concerned about the outer beauty that depends on jewelry, or beautiful clothes, or hair arrangement.  Be beautiful inside, in your hearts, with the lasting charm of a gently and quiet spirit which is so precious to God.” I Peter 3:3-4 

*God reminded that none of my kids are mine - they are all His!

*My job is to love them, train them, teach them, point them to Christ continuously, provide consequences (sometimes natural ones) when they decide to take the wrong path, and be an example in front of them of what it is to walk with Jesus.  And we both need His grace and forgiveness daily.

*That job is often a hard job!  I need Jesus more than ever!

*God loves them incredibly more than I ever could!

*My love is not enough; I've been begging God for His love to flow through me!

*The most important thing I learned this month ~
I was very clearly reminded by God to not just pray that I can know how to help her, but to with faith, strongly believe that God has an amazing plan for her life, and He who began a good work will complete it!  So, I will pray to that end and believe for her!

     “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans 
     to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

I'm thankful that God keeps teaching me that I desperately need to rely on Him daily and praise Him for all He does!  He is a truly faithful God, and I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!  I praise you God, for You do all things well!

No comments:

Post a Comment